Throwback Thursday - Episode 195


Thank You SEW Much!

Hi everyone!  It's a cool, rainy night in Kansas which means it's a perfect time to be holed up in my craft room.  I saw a fun idea over at My Creative Time (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/) for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge this time around.  You could use any cartridge you liked, but you needed to incorporate the colors GREEN and YELLOW into the project somewhere. 

I have been needing to make a thank you card for my hubby's boss for a really nice gift she gave us and thought to myself... "self, this challenge will be perfect!".  I saw an idea using patterns and have been wanting to utilize the idea somehow.  I think his boss will really love this.  I used an old pattern, circa late 1980's bad fashion vest (eek!  Do you remember those... wow, what were we thinking?) so I cut out the pocket pattern and used it in this card. 

Don't forget to use those old patterns in your cardmaking and other paper projects.  It's a great way to repurpose them.  They add great texture (you can crumple them up to give dimension, etc) and also add great visual interest.  Thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Yellow Cardstock (for base) - My Scrap Box
Green Cardstock (for title layer) - My Scrap Box
Kraft Cardstock (for spools) - PaperTrey Ink
Black Printed Cardstock - DCWV Lemon Flower Stack
Fonts for Sentiment - Jeana and Ballpark
Pattern - Old McCall's Pattern
Spool Diecuts - Disney's Happily Ever After Cartridge
Black/White Skipstitch Ribbon - The Paper Studio; Hobby Lobby
Green Ink (edge for sentiment) - Dew Drop Memento "Bamboo Leaves"
Brown Ink (distress spools) - VersaMagic Chalk Ink "Jumbo Java"
Yellow/Green Stick Pin - JilliBean Soup Sugar Picks
Yellow Embroidery Floss - DMC
Green Embroidery Floss - DMC
Scallop Edge Punch - EK Success

Comments

  1. Love this! That's where not throwing things away is a benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Laura! Interestingly enough, I just posted the I'm Sew Excited! challenge on the Moxie Fab World today. If you're interested in linking this up to the challenge, here's the link:

    http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/06/im-sew-excited-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! I love everything about it. You are very creative, great job! Thanks for playing along with Emma's Throwback Thursday! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Sew cute!!! Good luck in the challenge. Also I a now a new follower of yours. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psst I grabbed one of your card pictures to make a button to put on my side bar so i could navigate back here to your site. If you disaprove let me know and i will delete it. I didn't see a button for you so I made one. Just not with codes. Thanks so let me know if that was ok, or not. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts