Pressure Cooker Banana Bread




Hey ya'll.  It's been a hot minute since I blogged last.  It's day, who knows anymore, of Covid19 "safer at home" in Kansas and I thought... wow, I really ought to upload some recipes to the blog.    That led me down the rabbit hole of redesigning the blog and to start the task of printing out ALL of my pressure cooker recipes.   

As I was printing out the plethora of recipes I've created over the last almost four years, I ran upon my Pressure Cooker Banana Bread recipe.

Now, if you're anything like the Finson household at the moment, we have a bunch of bananas turning black on the countertop after being quarantined at home for over a month.  What better thing to do with said black bananas than make Banana Bread?!  

Enter your handy-dandy pressure cooker for the win.  This recipe is delicious and easy.  So just jump on in.  Be sure to check out my friends at www.vainfoods.com for the amazing vanilla I use in this recipe.  

Stay safe, stay healthy and take care of each other.  This will, eventually, end and I'll be huggin' all my friends and family (be ready ya'll).  

For this video demonstration and more, check out my YouTube Channel (subscribe if you like it).



Enjoy!

-MamaFin




Pressure Cooker Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
1 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
3 medium Bananas, mashed
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1-2 teaspoons Rum Flavoring 



Directions:

1.  In a medium bowl, mix together:  butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and rum flavoring.
2.  Beat until light and creamy, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, so that all of
     the sugars mixed into the butter and eggs.
3.  Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
4.  Add all of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5.  Grease and flour a 1/2 size bundt pan (6 cup). (I use the cooking spray that has flour
     in it)
6.  Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it out so the batter is level.
7.  Lightly cover the pan with a paper towel and then cover tightly with aluminum foil.  
8.  Make sure your insert is in your pressure cooker.
9.  Add 1 1/2 cups of water to insert.
10.  Add trivet to insert.
11.  Using a foil sling, place cake pan on trivet.
12.  Lock lid in place and set pressure valve to "sealing".
13.  Cook at high pressure for 58 minutes.
14.  When cook time is completed allow a 10 minute natural pressure release.
15.  After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
16.  Remove pan from insert (use sling and caution, this will be hot) and set on wire cooling
       rack. 
17.  Let cool for 10 minutes or so, then remove from pan and invert onto serving platter.
18.  Serve warm with butter or at room temperature.  Enjoy!

Printable Recipe:

Comments

Popular Posts