Are You Ready For Some Football?

Hello all my bloggie friends!  The air is turning crisp, the days (boohoo) are getting shorter, the leaves are beginning to turn.... and today is the first day of FALL!!!!  I don't know about you but I LOVE fall.  It's my favorite "season".  I love all of the yummy recipes that come along with fall and all of the wonderful activities you can do.  And of course, with fall comes.... FOOTBALL.  My dear hubby is a college football fanatic (he likes pro too) and I am once again a football widow on Saturday afternoons....  I'm sure many of you can relate.... haha!

This week has been crazy at my office... we have had some really stressful days of meetings, etc.  And I'm glad the weekend is finally here.  I had to keep telling myself on Wednesday of this week that it was Wednesday (and not Thursday), don't 'cha just hate it when you have weeks like that?!  To celebrate the end of our stressful week (and also to celebrate Sept/Oct birthdays) my department had a treat day with a tail-gate theme.  Seems like my world revolves around work, home, church, friends, crafting and FOOD!.... but food seems to be the one constant that everything revolves around (I guess I'm just a good Baptist girl like that...).

Our treat day email came out and had this cute clipart picture of a football stadium made out of junk food (way to go Leah!!!).  Welllllll, once we saw the picture the challenge was put out for someone in our department to actually make it.  It can get pricey to make this monster so quite a few of us in the department supplied the ingredients and then our friend Harrison (aka Harry) actually constructed it.  Isn't it amazing??? Totally awesome!!!  And would be so fun for a tail-gate (can you tell that Harrison is a Bears fan??? haha)....

I just had to share with you all.  Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Here are the ingredients needed:
Twinkies (I think there are 6 boxes in this baby)
1 bag Chex Mix
1 bag tortilla chips
1 bag Cheetos
1 bag Doritos
Pretzel Sticks (to hold back those anxious fans)
Nacho Cheese (the tostitos in a jar works well)
Guacamole
Salsa
Sour Cream (for field lines)
Slim Jims (goal posts)
Combos (players)
Cheese cubes (helmets and to support the goal posts)
1 Olive (football)
Disposable aluminum pan (for the field)
Cake board or something like that wrapped for ease of carrying/displaying
Toothpicks (to hold the twinkies together/ and the slim jims)

Hugs,
Wheeze

Comments

Popular Posts