Cricut Cardz Challenge #63


No Shamrocks????

Okay, so I'm not Irish.  At least not a lot.  I am quite a large portion English and Welsh, but that's about as close as I come.  However, everyone's Irish on St. Patty's Day, right?  That's what I tell myself.  This week (I know I was cutting it close on this one, the deadline is midnight tonight... eek!) over at CCC (http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/) the challenge was to make a St. Patrick's Day card with NO shamrocks.  Can you imagine?  Well, that got me to thinking, what else do I think of for St. Patrick's Day, other than shamrocks?  Of course I thought about lepruchans, and pots O gold at the end of a rainbow, even green beverages... but I wanted to do something really different.  And it got my mind to whirling.  At first I thought, ohhhh Celtic Knots; those would be beautiful... and complicated.  Then it hit me... that one symbol that you see all the time, and it's IRISH!  The Claddagh Ring! 

I have always thought the Claddagh Ring was pretty but never really understood it's meaning.  So, before I could make the card I had to do the research and know what I was making.  Well, turns out it's really very simple.  The Hands stand for friendship, the Heart stands for love (duh!) and the crown symbolizes loyalty.  How perfect!  I think this card would be great to send to a friend to let them know how much they mean to you. 

Thanks for looking, and I hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Brown Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Cream Cardstock - Recollections; Michael's
"Friendship" Rub-on - DCWV "Cards" Rub-on Stack
Gold Metallic Cardstock - my scrap box
Bronze Cardstock (hands) - DCWV "Latte" Stack
Polka Dot Paper - ChatterBox "Courtyard Dots"
Corner Rounder
Brown Grosgrain Ribbon - Wal-mart
Crown Diecut - "Create-A-Critter" Cricut Cartridge
     -some portions hidden on Gypsy
     -cut @ 2.78"x4.50"
Hand Diecuts - "Going Places" Cricut Cartridge
     -one mirrored on Gypsy
     -cut @ 2.33"x1.50"
Heart Diecut - "Create-A-Critter" Cricut Cartridge
     -cut @ 2.91"x8.00"
Gold Gel Pen - Doodles
Chalk Ink - Jumbo Java; VersaMagic

Comments

  1. Yet again....you amaze me with your creative mind! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. You put a lot of thought into this challenge and your card turned out GREAT. Love it.

    Thanks for joining us @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So VERY creative and original!! You better win this challenge!!:) Super Job!! Love it!:) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative. I love everything about the card :) thanks for playing with is at CCC this week.

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts