"I'm SEW Excited!" Challenge



You Measure Up!!!

So my card earlier this week featured a piece of an old pattern I had in my craft room.  Well... as some of you may know, Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/) has just started a new challenge called "I'm SEW Excited".  It is SEW up my alley... (I know.. boo hiss, that was bad).  But I couldn't let that slide by.  The challenge is to make a paper craft (of course!) that incorporates sewing icons in an innovative way.  Well, I didn't want to submit the project I already had 'cause this gave me an excuse to try another idea that has been bouncing around in my head.  I have been thinking it would be really cool to make a flower out of a measuring tape.  It turned out pretty well.

Now, this is not one that you could mail very well, because of the bulk.  But I do love it.  It's a card for my Mom (the awesome lady that taught me to craft, sew, quilt, etc from the time I was old enough to "sew" lines on a piece of notebook paper in her sewing room .... ).  She is a huge source of inspiration in my life and I think she is really going to love this. 

The flower (out of measuring tape) turned out really well, but I needed something creative for the center.  And then it hit me.... Needle Threaders!  There are three of them (curled around my pinkie finger) rolled and glued in place.  They are just the cheapy kind you can get at Joann's....

Remember, you can find inspiration in a plethora of places.  Always be looking at the things around you in a different way!  Hope you like it; thanks for looking!!!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Black Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
White Cardstock - Recollections; Michael's
Black/Tan Printed Cardstock - DCWV "Lemon Flower Stack"
Pink Dotted Swiss Cardstock - Open Stock; Michael's
"You" & "Up" Font - Bay Script
"Measure" Font - Loki Cola
Pink Measuring Tape - Singer 60-inch Tape; Joann's
Needle Threaders - Dritz; Joann's
Black Chalk Ink - VersaMagic "Midnight Black"

Comments

  1. NOW THAT IS AMAZING!!!! Wowzers...I am so intimidated...I might never get one in to this particular challenge. I love this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the measuring tape flower. Your mother is going to be thriled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Laura...this is so weird!! On Saturday, we both uploaded cards to the Moxie Fab gallery with the same idea for measuring tape flowers! What are the chances? I thought it was an original idea. ;) :) Love your card...and your pink measuring tape flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!! This is so clever. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and a good job on it. I like it. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts