FCCB Challenge Me Monday #132


Leave the Shore

Hello bloggie friends.  I hope you have had a nice, restful weekend.  We finally got some rain in our neck of the woods yesterday (praise the Lord!); we have needed it so badly.  And today we had Church this morning with some great worship time and then off to my parents house to celebrate birthdays.  We tend to group them together in bunches since our schedules are so crazy.  Makes it easier on my Mom too, since she fixes lunch for all of us.  Today, homemade chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes and my Mom's (to die for) homemade dinner rolls.  Delish!  Once I got home I needed to start the enormous laundry monster that was waiting (blast that horrible thing, it comes back every week!).  So while the laundry is going I thought I would spend some time in my craft room.

I always love the challenges over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge%20Me%20Monday) and this week's was no different.  Sometimes I don't use all of the cartridges I have for my Cricut and rely on other craftiness in making cards.  Their challenges (you always have to use a Cricut cut somewhere on the project) help me keep using and find new ways to utilize my cartridges and my Cricut.  This week's challenge (in honor of Columbus Day last week) was to use a boat somewhere on your project. 

I love making marbilized paper using my Tim Holtz Distress Inks so I thought it would be fun to use ocean blue colors on this card.  And of course I needed a sentiment to go along with it and this one from Pink by Design is perfect!  I altered the card design using my Gypsy (removed the shape that was on it, and added the square cutout) which gives this some added interest.

Thanks for looking and have a great day (go craft something!).

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Cardstock Base - Kraft Cardstock; PaperTrey Ink
Cardstock for distressing - White Cardstock; PaperTrey Ink
Blue, Brown and Teal Cardstock - My Scrapbox
Card Base Shape - "New Arrival" Cricut Cartridge
Square Cutout Shape - "New Arrival" Cricut Cartridge
Boat Diecut - "New Arrival" Cricut Cartridge
Doodles - Zig Fine Line Pen
Distress Ink for Marbilized Texture:
     -Tim Holtz; "Broken China" & "Faded Jeans"
Silver Dot - Colorbok
Silver Gelly Roll Pen
Clear Rhinestones - Michael's
Xyron Create a Sticker
Ink for Edges - Midnight Black; VersaMagic Chalk
Ink for Sentiment - True Black; PaperTrey Ink
Sentiment - Believe in Yourself; Pink by Design

Comments

  1. Fabulous card.Love the boat cut and such a great sentiment.Thanks for joining us at FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Just Beautiful! Thank you for joining us this last week at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts