Pressure Cooker Lasagna Casserole



Sometimes after a long day at work, you just don't feel like cooking for your family.  Has that ever happened to you?  Or is it just me?  I don't even have kids and I feel that way sometimes.  

On those occasions it would be so easy just to run through the Mickey D's drive thru, or Taco Bell or a myriad of other fast food restaurants.  But if you are anything like me, that gets old, really quickly.  And it all of that, not so great for you food, ends up right on my hips!  

I love how easy my electric pressure cooker makes getting meals on the table on week nights.  In the amount of time that I would sit in the drive thru and come home with cold fries (ewwww) I can have dinner on the table for the hubs and myself.  Made from scratch, homemade.  

This lasagna casserole is one of those super fast recipes.  I like to grab a loaf of garlic bread on my local Dillon's on my weekly grocery trip and have it in the pantry for busy nights.  Preheat the oven and get that in heating up while my ground beef is browning and I can have supper on the table in less than 30 minutes.  I did it the other night in 20.  It was awesome!  And way better than cold nuggets and fries..... or a soggy taco.  

Enjoy!

-MamaFin


Pressure Cooker Lasagna Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb, lean ground beef
½ yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried basil
1 t red pepper flakes
3 T tomato paste
28 oz - can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
3 bay leaves
3 cups chicken broth
1 box Rotini pasta
salt
pepper

Topping:
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan
2 c shredded mozzarella
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Directions:
1.  Turn Pressure Cooker on to Saute function and let get hot.
2.  Spray with non-stick cooking spray, then brown ground beef. 
3.  While the beef is browning, dice up your onion.  Then add to ground beef and sauté until softened. 
4.  Add garlic, salt and pepper and sauté a couple of minutes longer. 
5.  Add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and tomato paste. 
6.  Add can of tomatoes, bay leaves salt and pepper, stir well. 
7.  Add chicken broth and scrape any fond off bottom of pot, then add pasta.
8.  NOTE:  Make sure no food is stuck to the bottom
9.  Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. 
10.  When time is complete, use quick release pressure, stir. 
11.  Serve with dollops of cheese toppings and enjoy!

Goes great with garlic bread on the side!

Printable Recipe:

Comments

Popular Posts