Pressure Cooker Zuppa Toscana






I have a great affection for food.  I love it, and it loves me (and my hips; LOL).  Eating out is an enjoyable experience for me and thoroughly enjoy an evening with my hubby and our friends at a nice restaurant.  Visiting and fellowshipping together over a delicious meal.  It's even better when I'm able to eat out somewhere, and then come home and make something similar.  Sometimes just as good and sometimes, even better.  

I have always like the Zuppa Toscana at Italian restaurants.  But I hadn't quite gotten one that I really liked at home.  Enter my trusty electric pressure cooker.  To the rescue, again.  I love this recipe and I hope you do too!   

Enjoy!

-MamaFin


Pressure Cooker Zuppa Toscana

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1.5 lbs. red potatoes, quartered
4-5 slices bacon, cooked & diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
2 t dried oregano
4 c. chicken broth (32 oz)
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 c heavy cream
2-3 c baby kale (you can sub spinach if you'd like)

Directions:
1.  Add insert to pressure cooker.
2.  Set to saute and add a little olive oil to bottom of insert.
3.  Saute onions until translucent, then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds longer.
4.  Add sausage and brown in insert. 
5.  Add garlic, bacon, oregano, salt and pepper and stir.
6.  Add chicken broth.
7.  Quarter red potatoes while broth is heating.
8.  Add potatoes to insert.
9.  Lock lid in place and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. 
10.  Once cook time is complete, use a quick release to release pressure.
11.  Stir in kale and heavy cream.
12.  Serve with warm crusty garlic bread.  


Printable Recipe:

Comments

Popular Posts