Challenge Me Monday #131 - Get 'Em Squished!


Perk Up!

Hey everyone!  Wow, it's been awhile.  We have been busy busy around our house.  Replanting our front yard (after the extreme heat burned it up this summer), putting new flooring in our dining room and kitchen (laminate is awesome, but hard work!  haha!) and sewing projects in my craft room.  Tonight, my husband is at rehersal for his rock band so I'm hiding out in my craft room having a little fun. 

I haven't done a challenge over at FCCB (http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2012/10/challenge-me-monday-131.html) for awhile.  It's October which means it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I think nearly every person has been touched by this disease in some form or another.  Either being a survivor or knowing someone, in your family or in your circle of friends that has battled this horrible disease.  I love the title of the challenge over at FCCB this week "Get 'Em Squished".  You are supposed to use the color pink in your design.  Well, friends, in addition to that.... be sure you get 'em squished and get your mammogram, prevent this from happening to you the best that you can! 

I love the color combo of pink and brown together, so when I was thinking about this challenge I wanted to use those colors together.  I thought this card would be great for someone who might be feeling under the weather or battling this disease. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look. 

Have a great week, wear pink and remember those in your lives affected by this disease and if you are of the right age, go... "get 'em squished!"....

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Pink & Brown Cardstock - "Time for Spring" 6x6 stack;
     Fancy Pants
Scroll Cardstock - Indie Chick "Saffron" 6x6 stack;
     My Mind's Eye
Burlap Ribbon - My local Scrapbook Store; Scrapbook's Etc
Mug, Steam & Tag Diecuts - Gyspy Wanderings; Cricut Cartridge
Baker's Twine - "Cappuccino" - The Twinery
Brown Ink for Sentiment - "Early Espresso"; Stampin' Up
Brown Chalk Ink for edges - "Jumbo Java"; VersaMagic
Pearls - Martha Stewart; Michael's
Doodles - Zig Metallic Gelly Roll Pen
Sentiment - "Perk Up"; Pink by Design
Pop Dots
Glue Dots

Comments

  1. Laura,
    I LOVE your card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge over at FCCB! I host the Scrappin' Saturday over at FCCB & I am going to showcase your card this Saturday!! :)
    Melissa
    FCCB DT - Scrappin' Saturday
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    Janea
    Recollection Alley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts