PbD World Card Making Day Challenge - #2 Easel Card



Radioactive!!!

Hello again friends!  It's feels so nice to have some time to spend in my crafty room.  You're looking at my second creation for the Pink by Design World Card Making Day Challenge.  http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/10/06/world-carmaking-day-challenge/  I had so much making this easel card.  I like challenging myself to do things I haven't:  done in awhile and sometimes don't take the time to do.  This was one of those times. 

It has been forever (I hear that word in my head in the voice of the kid from "The Sandlot"; four-evh-va... haha) since I created an easel card and thought it would be fun for this challenge.  I made mine 6x6 (for the main square) so you have to cut your base layer at 6x12 (instead of 4x8 as directed in the instructions from Elizabeth on the blog post over at Pink by Design).  To adjust, score your paper at 3 inches and again at 6 inches (3" apart).  I also wanted to use my watercolor pencils and blender pens to color in the image. 

Isn't this little mad scientist just adorable?  I think he's a hoot.  Quirky and fun.  My hubby and I will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary this month so this might be a fun card to give him to celebrate.  I love the colors (orange, purple and lime; sorry the lime doesn't photo very brigthly... sigh). 

Thanks for looking!  Have a great day!

The Scrap-cipe:
Star Cardstock - "Ghosts & Goblins" Stack; DCWV
Orange Cardstock - "Ghosts & Goblins" Stack; DCWV
Purple Cardstock - "Jewel Color" Stack; DCWV
Ivory Cardstock - "Rustic Cream"; PaperTrey Ink
Scientist Image - "Mad Scientist"; Pink by Design
Radioactive Image - "Radioactive"; Pink by Design
Sentiment - "Radioactive"; Pnk by Design
Watercolor Pencils - Stampin' Up
Blender Pen - Stampin' Up
Black Ink for edges - "Midnight Black"; VersaMagic
Purple Ink for edges - "Purple Hydrangea"; VersaMagic
Black Ink for images - "True Black"; PaperTrey Ink
Zig Pen - Doodles
Glitter Brad - "Whoo-ligans ICandy Brads"; Bo Bunny
Pop Dots
Glue Dots
Lime Green Grosgrain Ribbon - American Crafts

Comments

Popular Posts