Throwback Thursday


You Light Up My Life!

I am so excited to be doing a challenge from My Creative Time (with Emma;  http://www.creativetimeforme.com/).  It's been awhile!  Here in Kansas it is finally starting to get warm outside (finally!!!).  It's that perfect time of year when it's warm during the day and cool in the evening; those perfect kinds of nights before the mosquitos run rampant... you know the kind.  When you can light a fire in the fire pit, sit on the patio and make 'smores and chat with friends.  Oh I LOVE it!!!  It's also the time that the fireflies begin to make their appearance letting me know that summer is just around the corner.  So when I saw Emma's challenge this week was to use the "Doodlecharms" cartridge and to use blue I came up with this little gem.

It also gave me the perfect chance to use some new Clear Cardstock that I recently purchased from PaperTrey Ink.  It doesn't show so well in the picture (after all it's clear!!!) but it lays over the top of the jar to give the appearance of the fireflies being in the "glass" mason jar.  Hope you enjoy!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Light Blue Cardstock - Martha Stewart
Silver Cardstock (for lid) - DCWV Metallic Stack
Lime Cardstock - My Scrap box
Grey Cardstock (bodies) - Martha Stewart
Black Cardstock (Wings) - PaperTrey Ink
Smile Face Stamp - Peachy Keen Stamps "Snow Cuties"
Black Chalk Ink
White Gel Pen
Black Zig Pen
Silver Gel Pen
Jar Diecut - "Doodlecharms" Cricut Cartridge
   -I welded two jars together to form the card
Firefly Diecuts - "Doodlecharms" Cricut Cartridge
   -They are actually Ladybugs, but manipulated on the Gypsy

Comments

  1. Wow! I love your project! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I LOVE it! I've never seen a 'real' firefly before. I think they would be so neat. I really love this card. So cute! Amazing job! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts