Tuesday Trigger: Porch Play



Doily Fun

HI FRIENDS!!!  Oh my goodness, has it be awhile or what?  So I know, I know.. it's been way too long since my last post.  March and April were crazy months in my life with travel, church and family things.  But, I'm back and crafting again.  Oh how I've missed you all!!! 

I wanted to hop back on the horse with my Tuesday Triggers over at Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/).  I found this picture from a couple of week's ago and just loved it (April 12th...).  The picture is the gorgeous photo of the porch vinette above.  I love the bright red with the turquoise and the hint of yellow all surrounded by the bright summery white.  It certainly looks like a great summer porch!

You can see the inspiration in my color choices of course, with the hint of yellow and dash of bright red.  But I also wanted to pull in the scroll work on the "to die for" mirror in the background so used my cuttlebug to emboss the scrollwork into white cardstock on the background of my card.  I also love the vintage'ish look of the apron laying there.  And when I think vintage it makes me think of my grandma and doilies.  I recently got a great die for my cuttlebug that does an intricate doily pattern so thought this was the perfect time to break it out.

I hope you enjoy!  I've missed you...... and it's good to be back in the craft room. 
Have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Turquoise Striped Cardstock - DCWV "Dots, Stripes & Plaids" stack
Yellow Glitter Cardstock - DCWV "Cotton Bloom" stack
Red Polka Dot Cardstock - October Afternoon "Cherry Pie"
White Cardstock
Black Chalk Ink - VersaMagic "Midnight Black"
"Thinking of You" stamp - American Crafts Sentiments
Doily Die - Cheery Lynn Designs "English Tea Party"
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Victoria"

Comments

Popular Posts