The Fascination With Feathers






I'm Feeling Feathers!

It seems like, lately, I am obsessed with feathers.  Peacock feathers, colored feathers, polka dot feathers, it doesn't seem to matter.  Then I picked up the most recent issue of Paper Crafts magazine (March/ April 2012) and WHAM!  there was an article on feathers.  Then, if you can believe it, Cath over at Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/03/fascination-with-feathers-challenge.html) posted a challenge inspired by the magazine to use feathers or arrows in a creative way. 

I have been trying to figure out something really beautiful and creative to do with this challenge.  Well, this weekend I was cleaning out from under our stairs in the basement (scary place, that spot is... all kinds of junk under there) and I found an old bag from Hobby Lobby with leftover Christmas decorations in it from a tree decorating contest at my husband's office about three years ago... yeh, that's how long it's been since I cleaned out from under the stairs (don't judge me).  I decided to try to use some of the decorations to make this card.  The feathers and the gold glitter spirals are all leftover Christmas decorations from the floral department.  It just goes to show you that you can find great card adornments in unusual places and don't forget to check out the floral section of your local craft store, great stuff hiding in there.  In the detail shot of the kraft cardstock (I hope you can see it) is a faint tea-stained effect of stamped scroll work.  I wanted to re-create the look of the cardstock, but in a watermark look, just to give all of the kraft cardstock some texture and dimension.

Now, the beauty of this card is that I made it for a friend of mine at work (she's an awesome fashionista) and her birthday is coming up.  I could really make this card dimensional and didn't have to worry about it fitting in an envelope as I'm going to hand-deliver it to her.... (in case you were wondering, HOW IN THE WORLD is this chick going to mail that thing!).  There you go....

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day....

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Sparkle Curly Twig - Hobby Lobby Floral
Feather Spray - Hobby Lobby Floral
Peacock Cardstock - My Scrapbox
Damask printed cardstock - Recollections "Portobello Road" Stack
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Twill Ribbon - "Ripe Avacado" PaperTrey Ink
Sentiment - "Small Things" set Pink By Design
Brown Ink - "Early Espresso" Stampin' Up
Damask Floral Stamp - "Fresh Vintage" Stampin' Up
Distress Ink (for watermarking) - "Antique Linen" Tim Holtz
Glue Dots
Pop Dots


Comments

  1. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you're feathers are not only fascinating but fabulous as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts