Brussels Sprouts, Cranberries and Quinoa.... Oh, My!







This salad.  How do I love it, let me count the ways.  First of all, I love Brussels Sprouts.  Secondly, cranberries... yes!  And finally.... Quinoa, delish!  And the fact that I can make the quinoa for this recipe in my pressure cooker.  DOUBLE WIN!  LOVE!  

If you have a food processor, pull that baby out for this one to slice the Brussels Sprouts.  It makes it a snap.  If you don't... then pull out your handy dandy mandolin slicer (be careful and don't slice off the end of your finger).  One of those tools will make the prep for this salad so much easier.  

The citrus vinaigrette in this recipe is light and bright, making this a perfect course between a heavy appetizer and your entree.  I made this for a dinner party with friends and we snarfed it up like there was no tomorrow.  

I hope you like it as much as I do!  

-MamaFin


Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry, Quinoa Salad

INGREDIENTS:

Salad Ingredients:
1 pound Brussels Sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed,
then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- use a food processor for slicing or a mandolin
2 cups cooked quinoa (see below)
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup candied pecans
- I buy these in the "salad topper" section of the grocery store
orange vinaigrette (see below)

Orange Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup blood orange infused olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Whisk all ingredients for vinaigrette and set aside.    
2.  Prepare quinoa in pressure cooker:

a.    Place 2 cups water in pressure cooker
b.    Sprinkle with salt
c.     Add 1 cup of quinoa to pressure cooker
d.    High Pressure for 3 minutes
e.    Natural Pressure release for 10 minutes, then fluff with fork and cool
3.  Combine Brussels Sprouts, quinoa, cranberries and pecans to large bowl and toss.
4.  Gently pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat

Comments

Popular Posts