Let Them Eat Cake!







There are so many things I love about my pressure cooker.  To start, it's fast, simple to use and can help to create some delicious food.  In the year that I've had it (thanks to my brilliant friend Terri for introducing me!) I have learned so much about how to make meals or portions of meals in it.  And thanks to Chef Alli (and her awesome classes) I've gained confidence to explore and make a lot of new items on my own.  I've learned to convert some of my old favorites for use in the Pressure Cooker and I've been able to take recipes you see on Pinterest and other great websites and make them my own. 

I really thought, when I got my PC, that I would make beans, rice, and maybe meat in it.  I had NO IDEA all of the things you could do in it.  One of my biggest revelations was that you could make dessert in it.  What, the what???  Dessert?  In a pressure cooker?  No way.  

Yes, way.  And a very good way in fact.  There are little 6 cup (half size) bundt pans from NordicWare that you can buy at Sweet! Baking Supply (or if you don't live near me Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-6-Cup-Bundt-Multicolor/dp/B00IOYJ186/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483835423&sr=8-1&keywords=6+cup+bundt+pan).  They are Sa-weet, for desserts.  

Today's recipe uses that sweet little bundt pan ... it's a seriously delicious Apple Spice Cake with Maple Drizzle.  (wipe the drool from your chin)  Serve this with some vanilla bean or cinnamon ice cream.  Hurt me!  Go.  Enjoy!

-MamaFin

Here's the Cute little pan (it also comes in red):




PRESSURE COOKER APPLE SPICE CAKE with MAPLE DRIZZLE


INGREDIENTS:

For the Cake:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup natural applesauce
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple, cored, peeled and diced

For the Glaze:
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp Maple Extract, flavoring (I like Watkins)
1/4 c Milk
Powdered Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

  1. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the applesauce and mix until combine well.
  3. Add the dry ingredients mixing until just combined.  
  4. Stir in diced apple.  
  5. Spoon batter into half sized bundt pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Cover with foil, tightly.  
  6. Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the pressure cooker and place the trivet in the bottom. Put the bundt pan on the trivet. (Use a foil sling to help make removing the bundt pan easier.)
  7. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops carefully remove lid.
  8. Carefully remove the bundt pan to a wire rack to cool uncovered for 10 minutes. Use caution removing foil from pan, don't burn yourself.  
  9. After 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
  10. When cake is cool drizzle with maple glaze.


DIRECTIONS for GLAZE:

1.  In small bowl combine melted butter and milk, whisk together.

2.  Add maple flavoring and stir together.
3.  Add powdered sugar to desired consistency (I like my a little thicker, but thin enough to drizzle from the end of my whisk).

NOTE:  If you get it too thick, just add milk (a tiny bit at a time) until it's the consistency you want.  

Printable Recipe Version:
https://sites.google.com/site/athomewithmamafin/pressure-cooker-apple-spice-cake

Comments

Popular Posts