Cricut Cardz Challenge #83


Love You CHERRY Much!

If you are anything like me, summer is a hard time to get into the craft room with so many activities going on.  It felt good to take a break from the heat (it's been triple digits in Kansas for way too long now.... eek!) and spend some time in my craft room.  My hubby has started a new show at our local civic theatre (playing bass in the pit) so I have some of my evenings to myself to craft (woohoo). 

I haven't done a challenge over at CCC (Cricut Cardz Challenge;  http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/) for quite some time and was excited to "get back at it!".  It's been nice having some time back in my craft room.  The challenge this week was to make a birthday card suitable for a grandparent (using any color/cartridge that you wanted to).  All of my grandparents have passed on, but I wanted to create a card that reminded me of both my Grandma and my Mamaw.  Both of them were amazing Christian ladies with a deep faith developed over trying and difficult lifetimes.  Both of them lived through the era of the Great Depression, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.  They were incredibly strong midwestern women from "good stock" as they would have said.  Both canned and grew vegetables on their homesteads and cooked for their families.  I was inspired with thoughts of vintage fabrics, the smells of grandma's kitchen and if I close my eyes can still see a red bandana tied around my grandmother's head taking picnic lunches to the men in the harvest field. 
  
Thanks for looking and ENJOY!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Blue printed cardstock - DCWV "Nana's Kitchen" Stack
Red Gingham cardstock - DCWV "Nana's Kitchen" Stack
Red, Brown, Green, White and Sage cardstock - my scrap box
Cherry Diecut - "Country Life" Cricut Cartridge
Blk Zig Pen - Doodles
Sentiment - "Country Living";  Pink By Design
Black Chalk Ink - VersaMagic "Midnight Black"
Stickles (on cherries) - Ranger "Xmas Red"
White Grosgrain Ribbon - Walmart
Twine - PaperTrey Ink
Red Button - PaperTrey Ink
Polka Dot Flower - Prima "Iced Got Flowers"; Tiffany Teal
Blue Flower - Prima "Iced Got Flowers"; Tiffany Teal
Pop Dots
Glue Dots

Comments

  1. Oh this is such a cute card. Love the sentiment.

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I just love your sentiment, thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts