Throwback Thursday - "Cricutless Challenge"



You're Such a Card!!!

I made this card last Friday, but I'm just now (barely under the wire) getting this posted for Emma's challenge over at My Creative Time (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/).  Her throwback Thursday challenge this time was to make a project without (gasp!!) using your Cricut.. yes, you read that right.  No Cricut, Gypsy, etc... but you needed to be inspired by the sketch she provided.   

I thought this was a great opportunity to really go old school and use some stickers.  I mirrored the sketch because the stickers I wanted to use looked better on the left side (rather than the right hand side).  I love the cuteness of Emma's butterflies, but wanted to take the sketch and kind of throw it on it's ear and make it a little more edgy.  The card shown is my interpretation of the sketch.

I recently bought distress inks from Tim Holtz and this was a great time to utilize them as well.  I hope you had a great Independence Day holiday!  And enjoy looking at this card.  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft Cardstock - Michael's recollections
     -distressed with Tim Holtz "Walnut Stain" Distress Ink
Red Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Black Cardstock - Michael's recollections
Playing cards - my stash from a crop
     -distressed with Tim Holtz "Antique Linen" Distress Ink
Playing Card Edge Punch - EK Success
Red Grosgrain Ribbon - Michaels
Joker & Sentiment Stickers - Creative Imaginations "Play Cards"
Black Chalk Ink - VersaMagic "Midnight Black"

Comments

  1. That is so cute. I love it. thank you for joining us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. Great job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts