Throwback Thursday - Episode 209


Just a Note!

Thanks for checking me out here at Wheezer's World.  Well, it's still hot here in Kansas... We've been triple digits for what seems like forever.  Areas to the west of us were 107 degrees today, lucky for us we were only 102.... but we might hit 104 tomorrow...eek!  Soooo, that means I'm staying inside in the A/C of my craft room.  I almost missed out on this great challenge over at Emma's My Creative Time (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/), but I'll get this in just under the wire, phrew!!!  The challenge this time for her Throwback Thursday was to use the "Wild Card" or "Just Because" cartridge.  I don't have the "Just Because" but I do have "Wild Card" so I mixed it with a new cartridge "Quarter Note" to make this card.  I recently discovered, quite by accident that if you heat up "stickles" with an embossing heat gun they turn a little more matte in their finish, so I thought I would use that on this card.  They still shimmer a little, and just aren't so sparkly.  NOTE:  I would recommend that you try this out on a scrap piece before using it on your project just to certain you like the way it looks.  Mine is on black cardstock, so it's hard to tell, but it can "burn" your paper slightly... be cautious.... and experiment first.  

Oh yeah, and don't forget to check out Emma's new release of her 8th set of stamps on July 22....!  They are sure to be FANTASTIC!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Black Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Rustic Paisley Cardstock - Autumn Leaves Page Kit
Black Tone on Tone Floral Cardstock - K&Co; "Life's Little Occasions"
Black Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink
Black Stickles - "Black Diamond"
Musical Note Diecut - Cricut "Quarter Note" Cartridge
Card Background Diecut - Cricut "Wild Card" Cartridge
Black Ink (for card edge & Sentiment) - VersaMagic Chalk Ink;
     "Midnight Black"
Sentiment - The Paper Studio (Michaels) "Greetings"

Comments

Popular Posts