Card Creations Week: The Gingham Challenge



Grow Where You Are Planted

Wow, it feels so nice to be back in the craft room.  Summer is upon us (and so is the hectic schedule that comes with it, eek!).  Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/05/card-creations-week-gingham-challenge.html) is having a challenge to honor the release of Volume 10 of Card Creations.  This particular challenge was to incorporate gingham in an innovative way into your paper craft.  I've had an idea rolling around in my head ever since I saw this gingham iced sugar cookie on Pinterest (http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/2012/03/easy-gingham-cookies-cookie-decorating.html).  The idea kept rolling around in my head, that I could totally do that with ink on a card.  I adore gingham.  It screams summer to me, reminding me of gingham dresses as a little girl and gingham checked tablecloths at harvest.  That's what led me to the theme for this card, gardening and harvest. 

I really love how this turned out.  Here's what I did.  I cut really thin rectangles out using my cricut (positioned on the Gypsy) out of some sturdy cardstock (I have a ton of this bright pink, so figured it was good to use).  Then used the Tim Holtz distress inker with some distress ink to make the lines horizontally on my background cardstock.  Then flipped the background one turn and did the vertical lines.  Voila!  Instant gingham.  Then stamped the veggies and colored them in with watercolor pencils and blended with a blender pen.  I really love the earthiness of this card and how it turned out (did I mention that, already?)

And on the plus side, this was SOOO easy!  Give it a try.  Make your own background paper instead of using a store bought print. 

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Rectangle diecut - "George & Basic Shapes" Cricut Cartridge
     -set at 1.88" wide by 5.52" tall
Distress Ink Pad - "Peeled Paint"  Tim Holtz by Ranger
Black Ink Pad (for edges) - "True Black" PaperTrey Ink
Background Cardstock - "Rustic White" PaperTrey Ink
Card Base Cardstock- "Kraft" PaperTrey Ink
Veggie Stamps - "Victory Garden" TPC Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Sentiment Stamp - "Victory Garden" TPC Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Watercolor Pencils - Stampin' Up
Blender Pen - Stampin' Up
Ribbon - "Ripe Avacado" Topnotch Twill by PaperTrey Ink
Glue Dot and ATG Tape Gun

Comments

Popular Posts