PbD10 - Cool Colors


Me + U

Good Sunday evening!  How was your weekend?  Good I hope.  Ours was jam packed it seems like.  My hubby is wrapping up the last show for the latest musical he's been playing for and I took the opportunity to get my newly puchased Pink by Design stamps organized.  I store mine in empty CD cases.  I label the ends and then store them in CD storage boxes.  I love an organized scrap space. 

Once I had my stamps all put away I hopped over to the Ink it Pink Challenge to get my creative juices flowing.  The challenge this week is to use cool colors in your layout.  They wanted us to have blues, greens, violets be the dominant colors.  (which you could add neutrals to of course).  (http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/08/08/ink-it-pink-challenge-10/)

The most recent (July 2012) stamp of the month club set from PbD is called "Capture Life".  The stamped image in my card is actually the polaroid type looking photo stamp.  I wanted to switch it up a bit.  School starts (in our area) this week and I kept thinking about blackboards.  I thought the polaroid stamp could also double as a chalkboard.  I inked the outline and then cut out the center of the stamped image.  Underlayed that with black cardstock and then inked the cute little sentiment in white chalk ink to look like a chalkboard.  Plus it gives that little schoolyard feel (Jason and Laura, sittin' in a tree... k-i-s-s-i-n-g... ; don't you remember those songs... ahhh, youth).... I also love the little banner stamp that comes with the set.  It was so fun to embellish it with cutouts of cardstock matching to the theme of the card and a little twine from The Twinery... oh how I love baker's twine.  All I needed was an extra sentiment at the bottom and voila! 

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Cardstock Base - PaperTrey Ink "Kraft" cardstock
Blue Plaid Cardstock - Recollections (Michaels) "Everyday Moments"
Blue Polka Dot Cardstock - My Mind's Eye "Moments" 6x6 stack
Black Cardstock - Recollections (Michaels)
Light Blue Cardstock - My Scrapbox
White Chalk Ink - VersaMagic Chalk Ink "Cloud White"
Blue Chalk Ink for edges - VersaMagic Chalk Ink "Night Sky"
Black Ink - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Twine - The Twinery "Shore"
Me+U Sentiment - Pink by Design SotM Club July 2012 "Capture Life"
Banner Stamp - Pink by Design SotM Club July 2012 "Capture Life"
Smile Sentiment - Pink by Design "The Life You Imagined"

Comments

Popular Posts