CHEERS! to a great birthday...


I don't about all of you fellow cardmakers out there, but I often find it difficult to make "manly" cards.  My creativity normally is much more inclined to girly, sparkly, flowery stuff....  Tomorrow is one of my co-workers (a guy, of course) birthday and I wanted to make a card to give him.  I procrastinated (of course) and did all kinds of things around the house while I was getting inspired (unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, mixed up dough for bubble rolls [more on that in a minute], picked up the doggie toys that seem to be abundant around our home, etc...), but then finally got inspired and sat down to make this card.  I think it turned out well, what do you think?   So now I'm headed back upstairs to finish making out the bubble rolls now that the dough has raised.  Basically, bubble rolls are the center of a cinnamon roll, a whole 9x13 panful of them.  It's my mom's recipe..and is always a favorite at work.  You mix up cinnamon roll dough (from scratch of course) and let it rasie, then cut it into 48 small pieces, dip each piece in butter (what could be better) and then in a cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Then you let them raise again, overnight, in the fridge, bake them in the morning, frost them with homemade maple frosting and VOILA, Bubble Rolls.  Since we are having birthday treat day for the same co-worker's birthday I thought it was only fair to make my peeps favorite.  Anyway, I've babbled on long enough... enjoy the card!  Have a great day!

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft cardstock - for card base; PaperTrey Ink
Black Chalk Ink - for edges Versamagic
Striped Cardstock - Basic Grey
Charcoal Distressed cardstock - Basic Grey
Rivets - Antique Brass Brads
Martini Glass - Nifty Fifties Cricut Cartridge
Cardstock on Martini Glass - my scrapbox
     -silver pearlized, olive green, light olive green, red, black
Black Zig Pen - doodles
Silver Gel Pen - doodles
Happy Birthday Stamp - Scrappy Moms "Everyday Greetings"


Comments

Popular Posts