Cricut Cardz Challenge #59



A Wild Valentine...

I was really excited to do a challenge over at Cricut Cardz Challenge (http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/) as I haven't done one in a while.  It's so nice to get back into the groove of things (and back in the craft room).  It helps that we've had really crummy weather lately (a blizzard today... sigh).  I have a feeling that the groundhog is going to give us bad news tomorrow (little stinker!!!).  I'm beginning to wish for spring, I'm so over the snow.  We didn't get snow here until January, and I am SOOO over it now...  grrr.  Anyway...I digress.  The challenge this week over at CCC was to make a Valentine's Day card for a child; using any cartridge you'd like.  That was fun, and it opened up endless possibilities.  With a partial snow day (my office closed at 11:15 today... woot woot) I had a little time this afternoon to craft.  Love that! (the only good thing to come of this yucky weather). 

I thought it would be fun to make a more grown up girl card, more suitable for my older (almost tween) nieces.  This seemed to fit the bill nicely.  I love the pink leopard paper in the background and the guitar, how cute is that?  My dear hubby helped me figure out how to make the twine "strings" look more real by suggesting to use the rhinestones as the lock screws and slightly larger ones as the tuners.  I just got a buch of colors of twine from The Twinery (http://www.thetwinery.com/) so was a great time to break out the pink.... love that!

I hope you like it (me likey comments, haha!)... have a great day!
And stay warm and toasty....!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Black Cardstock - Recollections; Michael's
Pink Leopard Cardstock - Creating Imaginations
Pink Cardstock - My Scrapbox
Silver Cardstock - My Scrapbox
Guitar Die Cut - Cricut "Smiley Cards" Cartridge
Pink/White Twine - "Pink Sorbet"; The Twinery
Silver Glitter Brads (corners) - Making Memories
Black Chalk Ink (to ink edge of leopard) - VersaMagic
White Chalk Ink (for hearts and saying) - VersaMagic
Heart Stamp - "Hugs & Kisses"; The Paper Co Studio, Michael's
"Girly, You Rock" Stamp - "Signature Greetings"; PaperTrey Ink
Rhinestones (2 sizes) - I-Rock mixed size pack
Stickles (for guitar glitter finish) - "Glam Pink" from Ranger

Comments

  1. Woah! First of all - when did you change up your blog? I love the new look! Also, super great card. I love the paper and how clever with the twine! I love The Twinery twine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Sparkly Guitar!!! You must be rubbing off on Jason to have him "helpig" you! :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, just love it! How clever of you to use twine as the guitar strings. Great job, TFS!
    Diana
    http://www.daisylovecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome way to rock CCC #59

    Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts