Throwback Thursday #162 and Tuesday Trigger "Comfy Cozy"



You're My Cup of Tea!

It was so nice to get back into my craft room tonight!  A welcome respite while my Hubby was at rehersal and a nice way to get over my depression of the loss suffered by my precious Jayhawks last night (at the hands of the evil Wildcats... boo hiss!).  Anywho, I di-gress..... this is the first time I'm putting one project into two challenges.  I don't usually do that, but it just seemed to fit this week.

First up!:  Throwback Thursday # 162
Emma over at My Creative Time (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/) had the challenge out this week to use either the Just Because Cartridge or the Wild Card Cartridge along with a stamped sentiment.  I loved this little tea cup and just couldn't resist.  Plus, I seem to be obsessed with Baker's Twine and the new colors I got from the Twinery.... and it seemed a perfect place to use it; so that it would look like the string on a tea bag hanging out of the cup....

The Tuesday Trigger "Comfy Cozy" was just posted today (but the Mr. Linky won't be active until tomorrow, so I'll upload this to their site on Wednesday) over at Moxie Fab World (www.moxiefabworld.com/) had the shabby chic-iest (is that a word?, probably not..) pic as the inspiration this week.  It instantly seemed to fit the card I had created for Emma's challenge.  When I saw the inspiration pic it made me want to cozy up with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea and a good book (I'm reading Heaven Is For Real right now)... so the tea cup on the card seemed perfect.

Hope you enjoy.  Have a great day! 

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Scalloped Double Fold Card - "Scallop" Wild Card Cricut Cartridge
Tea Cup and Steam Swirl - Lyrical Letters Cricut Cartridge
Blue Vintage Floral Paper -  GCD Studios "Ella Blue" Stack
Brown/Blue Polka Dot Paper - GCD Studios "Ella Blue" Stack
Cocoa Brown Cardstock - Martha Stewart Stack from Michael's
Blue Pearl Cardstock (swirl) - my scrapbox
White Gel pen
3mm Silver Ribbon - Waste Not Paper Double Faced Satin
Black Chalk Ink - VersaMagic "Midnight Black"
You're My Cup of Tea Stamp - Scrappy Moms "Sweet Somethings"
"Love" Charm - Making Memories "With Love" from Michael's
Brown/White Baker's Twine - The Twinery "Cappuccino"
Pop Dots
Glue Dots
Zip Dry Glue

Comments

  1. Very beautiful, love the background paper!!! Oh do I love that twine too!!! TFS Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love that mug... perfect to make you feel cozy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job combining the 2 challenges. It really worked together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts