34th (eek!) Birthdays



So, as many of you know Jason (my dear hubby) and I were born one day apart. He on the 18th of August and me on the 19th. Last week we celebrated our 34th birthdays. My AWESOME hubby bought me a Gypsy, which I promptly outfitted with a black and white damask protective sleeve and screen protector (which of course matches the blk/wht damask in my craft room, can I hear a woohoo?!). My family and I all went in together to get his gift. I wanted to surprise him, my extremely talented and musical hubby, with a nod to his roots. He learned to play the upright bass first (before the bass guitar), in the fourth grade 24 years ago. Since then he has become quite the talented and accomplished musician playing for our Praise and Worship team at church and in the pit orchestra for our local civic theater (along with a myriad of bands and musical groups along the way). He has been talking about getting an upright bass to be able to play jazz, bluegrass, rockabilly, etc... soooo we bought one for him! Isn't it beautiful???? I am so excited that he will be able to make gorgeous music on this beautiful instrument and be able to continue to use the gift of music God blessed him with. We should all use the gifts that we are given and blessed with, every person has their own unique talent.... use what God gave ya!!!

Comments

Popular Posts