My Pink Stamper Episode #131 - Winter Challenge



Christmas Star Card
This week I found a challenge on My Pink Stamper. I wasn't very inspired, at first, however I started looking around my craft room and thought that it would be a good way to really challenge myself to use something I haven't used in while. Some of my "Old fashioned" wood block stamps. So, I thought, why not? This card is the result of that thought... take a couple of wood block stamps that I haven't used in probably five years, and some scrap paper out of my scrap box, along with a little bling, ribbon, ink, a handy I-Rock and VOILA! I really liked the verse that went with this stamp and the "Joys of the Season" Star tag made for a perfect base for the stamped image in bronze. Hope you enjoy!
The verse reads: "O Christmas star forever bright, shine into our hearts tonight - Remembering the holy birth, His love and hope, His peace on earth."

Sorry it's not a My Pink Stamper stamp... I'm just starting to collect those...

The Scrap-cipe:

Peace and Verse stamps - Stampin' up (many moons ago copyright, 2005: eek!)
Bronze Ink - "Encore!" Ultimate Metallic - Bronze
Brown Ink - "VersaMagic" Chalk Ink - Jumbo Java
Bronze/Silver Ribbon - Michael's Clearance bin last Christmas
Wht Antique Paper for background of tag - Basic Grey scrap
Green Antique Paper for star tag - Basic Grey scrap
Green/blue/antique wht stripe for background - Basic Grey Scrap
Grey-blue cardstock - scrap box gem.... ;-)
Grey-blue & Marigold flower - Bo Bunny Flowers- Mama Razzi Pack
Bling - Rhinestones from my stash
(blue is bazzil Basics, yellow is Michael's Dollar spot; Olive is Prima)
Copper studs - I-Rock Multi-metallic pack
Copper metallic cardstock - scrap from my stash
Star Tag underlay & overlay - "Joys of the Season" cartridge

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I just can't get in the Christmas spirit yet - but I'm trying...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts