Throwback Thursday #157


HAY There!

I haven't done a challenge at My Creative Time for a little while now.  It seems like things have just been crazy crazy.... but was so glad when I saw the most recent challenge.  Go over to Emma's page to check it out (and her new stamp sets... WOW'zers!!!!) (http://www.creativetimeforme.com/).  The challenge this time was to to use either of the Paper Dolls cartridges from Cricut and also embossing (either heat or dry types).  I have been looking forward to using the barn cutout on the Everday Paper Dolls cartridge for some time now and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. 

My parents live on a farm (yep, complete with cows, chickens and most recently hogs.... you got it, a real farm) and I love the look of this barn.  I think it turned out really cute, don't you?  I chose to do the dry method of embossing with the help of my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder for the sky background.  The embossing folder reminded me of the gingham-type tablecloths that we used to use during harvest at my grandparents years ago.  I wanted to do something different with this card, so made the card the barn part but mounted it on pale blue (sorry it blends with the white background on my photo).  The barn opens up to be a card, but you can still open the barn door to reveal, what else, HAY... pretty cool, huh? 

Let me know what you think (I do love comments!).... thanks for looking.

Have a great day (we're in a blizzard warning for the next 2 days here in Kansas!)..... and stay warm out there.

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Cardstock (green, yellow, red and black) - Bazzill
Cardstock (white and light blue) - Martha Stewart
Barn shape diecut card (welded on Gypsy) -
     Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge
Hay diecuts - Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge
White Gel pen - doodles
Black Zig pen - doodles
Stickles for weathervane - Silver color
"HAY There!" Stamp - Pink By Design "Country Living"
White Chalk Ink - VersaMagic
Embossing folder (gingham sky) - Cuttlebug "Retro Kitchen"
Zip Dry Glue

Comments

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!! I love your embossing it looks just perfect!! TFS Cathryn67 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts