Tuesday Trigger: Sweets for the Sweet





How Sweet It Is!!!

I am really excited that Valentine's Day is getting closer.  We have had so much snow here in Kansas, I'm over winter and ready for a bright spot.  All of the sweet things associated with Valentine's Day are right up my alley.... I'm a candy-aholic and a choco-holic and all of the yummy candies are just too hard to pass up.  I bought a bag of Laffy Taffy at Wal-mart on Saturday and it's already gone... sigh.... 

Anyway, this week over at Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/) the Tuesday Trigger looks just soooo yummy, I think I might be able to reach right into my computer and have a snack!  I love the hint of white in this picture and the shades of pink and red; but who can resist the swirls on the print in the background of the box... how pretty!

My interpretation takes pieces of all of these things and rolls them into one simple little card.  I wanted to capture the scalloped edge of the box so did that with the overlay along the top edge of the card.  Of course, the colors speak for themselves.  But wanted to capture a little bit of white (with the grosgrain ribbon) and the swirls in the cut from my cricut.  The essence of the print is captured in the signature rose print.

Hope you enjoy!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Red and Pink Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Red and white grosgrain ribbon - Offray (Wal-mart)
Stickles - Xmas Red color
Blk Zig Pen (for doodles)
Signature Rose Cardstock - K & Co "KP Valentine" Stack
Heart Cutout - Cricut; Straight From the Nest cartridge
Heart w/ Swirl Cutout - Cricut; Straight From the Nest cartridge
Deckled Edge Cutout - Cricut; Wild Card cartridge

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts