Cupcake Cuties


I don't know if any of you are obsessed with cupcakes like I am.  I pin and pin and pin ideas on Pinterest all the time.  AND I don't know if any of you are like me, but I can't seem to resist a dare.  That leads me to both of the cupcakes below. 

Last Friday my co-workers and I all went bowling as a team outting in the afternoon.  It's always fun to go bowling together, you can bet at least on person will end up granny bowling and this time she even did it backwards... ;-).  I love to cook, bake, etc and my co-workers are well aware of this.  They tend to be the recipients of my treats and experiments.   On our calendar invite that went out, our helpful scheduler had "dared" me to make a cupcake for our bowling outting to fit the theme.  Let's suffice it to say, I had a "ball" figuring out how to make her dare come true.  A simple chocolate cupcake, topped with pale blue frosting, a Peanut Butter M&M for the bowling ball, a little printed topper on a toothpick (thank you to my cricut for cutting out 24 of those blooming things... phrew) but I was stumped on how to do the bowling pin, until I was sitting at my desk Thursday afternoon and it hit me... WHITE CHOCOLATE!  So I found a bowling pin image on the internet, used paint shop to copy it multiple times on one page, printed it out, laid a piece of waxed paper on top of it and piped the little pins out.  Once they were dry, I flipped them over and piped red glitter gel stripes, and voila!  So simple.... and so cute! 

For those of you that are not part of the Big 12 Conference you should know that KU Basketball in our neck of the woods is LIFE.  And last Saturday we played our arch nemesis the Missouri Tigers (boo hiss) for the last "border showdown" (since they are vacating the Big 12 next year.... sad to see you go, not really, good luck in the SEC; ha!).  There hasn't been a nailbiter like that game for us in Allen Fieldhouse for a long time.  It was electric.  (and about gave me a heart attack several times) But we pulled it out and now my KU Jayhawks are the Big 12 Champs, 8 Str8t.  8 years in a row; ROCK CHALK!  Well, I went to work on Monday and my boss challenged me to make KU cupcakes to celebrate the achievement.  There goes that word again, dare.... arrggh!  So I came home and made these little babies.  I think they turned out really cute.  I love the new little "straws" that have hit the cupcake scene and this seemed a good time to use them.  And I am absolutely obsessed with Disco Dust (red glitter on the top of the cupcake).  Love that stuff!  Sorry the pic isn't great, I had to snap a pic really quick like with my cell phone. 

It's a little side note from all of my paper crafts that you are used to seeing and I thank you for indulging me.  Have a great day! 

Hugs,
Wheeze


 

Comments

  1. Where did you find the jayhawk flags for the jayhawk cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DDean, I found the flags at my local baking supply company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts