Tuesday Trigger: Chiclectic



Chiclectic!

I love Moxie Fab World (have I mentioned that before?), and the Tuesday Triggers that Cath posts there.  You can check it out at:  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/02/tuesday-trigger-chiclectic.html  I love finding inspiration in the most unique places and the Tuesday Trigger always seems to give me wings to creative flying.  (wow, where did that come from?)...  anywho, the trigger this week, as you can tell is this really ecclectic bedroom setting.  Isn't it fun?  Love the bright orange and fuchsia together, with that really great turquoise peaking out on the headboard the Roccoco over-the-topness of the headboard, and the splash of black geometric.  LOVE!  (and don't miss the screaming red lips on the side)... 

My inspiration for this card, as you can tell, was in a couple of places.  I love the pattern mixing in the photo of the toile and the geometric so tried to incorporate some of that.  I also love the scrollwork of the over-the-top headboard, and incorporated that into the shape of the sentiment block on the front of my card.  I wanted to draw on the deep orange and how it pulls you in so used that for the base layer of my card. and wanted that pop of black, so added the touches on the underlay of the sentiment block and also with the fibers underneath.  I really loved this quote from CS Lewis (I adore CS Lewis) and it seemed to really fit with the trigger as well. 

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Deep Orange and Pale Peach Cardstock - my scrapbox
Black Cardstock for card and sentiment underlay - PaperTrey Ink
Orange Floral Cardstock - DCWV "Whimsy" Stack
Blue Scroll Cardstock - GCD Studios "Canta" Stack
Natural Twill Ribbon - my scrap box
Black and ivory Fiber - my scrap box
Sentiment - Pink By Design "Believe in Yourself" set
Sentiment Die Cut Block - "Cupcake Wrappers" Cricut Cartridge
Black Ink
Pop Dots

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the card and all of the fun details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts