Guy Cards


So let me start by saying, that I have a hard time creating guy-themed cards.  It's one of the things that challenges me.  I can make girly, cute, blinged out cards in no time flat, but when it comes to manly cards I have a tendency to get brain lock.... and lucky for me three of the guys in my family have birthdays close together; arrrrgghhh!




Old Guys Rule!!!

The first card in this guy-scapade is for my Dad.  I loved this sticker and just thought he would find it funny, but wanted to "class" it up a bit.... My Dad is a great scavenger for me.  He and my Mom love to go garage sale'ing in the summer and I can always count on my Dad to scour out the odd vintage crafts items I'm looking for.  Last summer I sent him on a mission to find me an old Scrabble game that I could repurpose the letters from for a gift for my brother and I always have him on the lookout for old boxes/containers full of buttons.  This gorgeous leather covered antique button was in an old jar of buttons he bought for me at a garage sale for $1.00 so I thought it was only fitting that it should go on his birthday card.  Plus I love the touch of leather that makes it a little more masculine. 

The Scrap-cipe:
Distressed Charcoal Mat Paper - BasicGrey "Granola" collection
Navy Cardstock - my scrapbox
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Paisley Cardstock - DCVW "Rustic" Stack
Old Guys Rule Sticker - Creative Imaginations
Multi-color Fiber - my stash
Antique Leather Covered Button - garage find
Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink "Ripe Avacado"



Reach for the Stars

My oldest nephew will be turning twelve very soon (I can't believe it) and I wanted to make him a birthday card that would not be quite so "little boyish".  I think he'll like this take on the rockets, etc... but the best part is the rocket inside the circle diecut is on a Wobble so it moves.... brings out the kid in me, let alone him.  haha! 

The Scrap-cipe:
Slate blue cardstock - my scrapbox
Dark Mustard cardstock - BasicGrey "Granola" collection
Rocket/space cardstock - October Afternoon "Rocket Age" 8x8 pad
Natural twill ribbon - my stash
Grey/natural twine - My Mind's Eye "everyday fun"
Antique Black Metal Button - Auction Goodie Box Find
Navy Paisley Ribbon - Bo Bunny "Blue Berrie Pie"
Sentiment Stamp - Pink By Design "Vintage Greetings"
Black Ink
Black Zig Pen


Searching Out a Happy Birthday

One of my other nephews is turning 8 this year.... unbelieveable how fast they grow up.  Bret loves to play games.  All kinds of games.  I recently saw an idea in the March/April 2012 issue of Paper Crafts magazine (http://www.papercraftsmag.com/issues/index.html?current_issue) on making a word search card.  (it's page 50 in the mag) It really inspired me to do this for him from that idea.  It was super simple but he will love that it's so personal! 

Thanks for looking at all three of my "Guy" cards!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Paper Crafts Magazine (March/April 2012) for design inspiration
http://www.discoveryeducation.com/ - to create word search puzzle
Card Base Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink "Rustic White"
Striped Cardstock - Bo Bunny "Cambridge" Set
Striped Tag - Bo Bunny "Cambridge" Set
Navy Cardstock - my scrapbox
Metal border Circle tag - my stash
#8 Rubon - One Heart, One Mind "Number it"
Navy star eyelet and brad - my stash
Navy Grosgrain Ribbon - my stash
Olive Green Felt Rick Rack - my stash
Misc Fibers - my stash
Red Zig Pen
Red Ink Pad - Memento "Rhubarb Stalk"





Comments

  1. You are SO creative! You inspire me....I finally got a cricut....let my creativity begin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts