Cricut Cardz Challenge #51


Give Thanks!

Good morning Friends!  Last night I was in the creative "zone".  After completing my page for Emma's Throwback Challenge I was still really jazzed and feeling creative so I figured I would move on to the challenge from CCC (www. http://cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/).  When I saw that the challenge was to make a Thanksgiving card (using only brown, blue, orange, yellow and white) I was a little perplexed.  I don't always think of blue as being a fall color.  My mind always goes to the rusts, oranges, marigolds, browns, olives, etc.... so this one made me think a bit.  Anyway, I hope you like it.  Have a great day!

The Scrap-cipe:
Brown Kraft Cardstock- Recollections (Michaels)
Blue Floral & Yellow Plaid Cardstock - DCWV
     "Amber Autumn" Stack
Brown Cardstock - Scrap of Bazzill Basics
Brown Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink
Brown Zig Pen
White Gel Pen
Stickles - "Waterfall" Color
"Give Thanks" - "Thanksgiving" cartridge
Acorn Scroll - "Thanksgiving" cartridge
Rectangle - "George & Basic Shapes" cartridge
     -overlaid the "give thanks" phrase onto the
      rectangle with Gypsy

Comments

  1. Love it, love how you displayed the colors, you did a fabulous job withe the challenge this week, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just adore the way you used the blue with this CCC card. Wow - great work!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you about the color blue, but you did an amazing job with it. The shade that you chose just flows with the card, it doesn't stick out like i thought it would. Great card, and thanks for the kind words on my blog, Karen karens-kakes-krafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about using blue with fall colors... I was a bit stumped as well! But your card came out soooo pretty! I LOVE the cuts and you used my favorite cartridge! :o) Thanks for playing along with us over at CCC! :o)
    Theresa DT2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us for this challenge.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    CCC Design Team #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo pretty. One of my favs this challenge. Thanks so much for playing along this week Cricut Cardz Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love this card!!!
    You did an awesome job using the blue, it just POPs out...The cuts on this card is super fab too (never seen them)...everything is just great.
    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL card!!! I love the cut and the blue is so pretty! Awesome job with this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing with us at CCC. -Nicole (DT#1)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! Love the how you used the colors and the glitter. You did a great job using blue. tricky, wan't it? :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CCC.

    michelle DT#2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts