Happy Thanksgiving





My First Accordion Card!!!

Hi Friends!  So, I'm posting this and it's not part of a challenge (gasp!!!). Haha....  I had some spare time this evening in my craft room while my dear hubby is playing upright bass for a local theater's musical of "Club Morocco".  I keep seeing all of these wonderfully creative ladies that make these accordion cards and I just couldn't quite figure out how they did it.  Soooo, tonight I searched on YouTube for a good video to show me how this concept works.  Oh my word, it's so easy!  Who knew?  If you are looking for a good instructional video on how to make one of these.... check this one out on You Tube.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-3T3sd4r0&feature=related).  This lady does a great job explaining it. Now, I will tell you that you can fool around the order that you fold the card in.  Just depends on how you want it to look.  You should give it a try.  It's also a GREAT way to use up some of those little scraps you have left from other projects as the small squares don't take much paper, etc....  have fun!  Hope you enjoy it.....

The Scrap-cipe:
Brown Cardstock - We R Memory Keepers
     "Maple Grove" cardstock stack
Striped Cardstock - We R Memory Keepers
     "Maple Grove" scrap pad
Cream Cardstock - My scrap box
Yellow Plaid Cardstock - DCWV "Amber
     Autumn" Stack
Blue Floral - DCWV "Amber Autumn" Stack
Red Polka Dot - We R Memory Keepers
     "Maple Grove" scrap pad
Orange & Yellow Buttons - my stash
Brown Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink
Twine - PaperTrey Ink
Gold Embossing Powder
Super Sticky Double Stick Tape
Brown Zig Pen
White Gel Pen
Leaf Stamp - Hero Arts "Season of Giving" set
Happy Thanksgiving Stamp - Hero Arts
     "Season of Giving" set
Acorn Stamp - TPC Studio "Autumn Harvest" set
     (Michaels)
Ivory Narrow Satin Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Blue Prima Flowers
Brown Chalk Stamp Ink

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! I love this card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I have an award for you on my blog:
    karens-kakes-krafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts