Throwback Thursday Challenge - Christmas


Hark the Herald Angels Sing!

My friend Emma, over at My Creative Time (she's genius with a Gypsy, that one) is doing a fun challenge this week.  Her Throwback Thursday challenge was to do a Christmas Theme.  I know, Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, but you know we have to get a jump on these things if you want to make homemade cards for people.  It takes time peeps!  Don't rush your creative juices. I love that Emma challenges us to use our old cartridges.  She had asked for us to use the "Celebrations" cartridge, which oddly enough is not one that I have.  EEK!  How can it be?  Anywho..... I used one of my older Christmas cartridges instead.  I LOVE Christmas!  I love the smells, the sounds, the chill in the air, the spirit of the holiday and most importantly I love celebrating the birth of our Savior!  What better way, than to remember the Heralding Angels and the JOY that was brought with the birth of the Christ child.  Hope you enjoy!!!!

The Scrap-cipe:
Pink cardstock for card - K & Co "Peppermint Twist" Paper Stack
Kraft cardstock for base layer - PaperTrey Ink
Scalloped card shape - "Christmas Cards" Cricut Cartridge
Angel & Star diecut - "Joys of the Season" Cricut Cartridge
"Joy" cutout - "Joys of the Season" Cricut Cartridge
Stickles inside "Joy" Cutout - "Star Dust" Stickles Color
Blue Floral cardstock for angel dress - K & Co " BW Evergreen" Shimmer Paper Stack
White pearlized cardstock for angel wings - reverse side of the blue floral cardstock above
Blue pearlized cardstock for base of star - my scrapbox
Gold metallic cardstock for horn and star- my scrapbox
Yellow cardstock for angel's hair - my scrapbox
Peach cardstock for base of angel - my scrapbox
Black Zig Pen for doodle-ing
White Gel Pen for doodle-ing
Brown Grosgrain Ribbon - Walmart
Blue Twill Ribbon - Martha Stewart from "Michael's"

Comments

  1. WOW!! THIS IS SUCH A PRETTY CARD!!! YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB W/THE CHALLENGE MY FRIEND!!
    BIG GYPSY HUGS,
    EMMA;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the joy! You did such an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts