Challenge Me Monday #120


Hello Sunshine!

It's been a busy afternoon in the craft room, can you tell?  Three posts in one day.  Well, it's hot outside and it was a great afternoon to hide in the coolness of the basement in my craft room.  Speaking of hot and sunny, FCCB (http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge%20Me%20Monday) had a challenge on their Challenge Me Monday section that was right up my alley.  The challenge was to use a yellow sun on your creation. 

I love this background paper... I've had it in my stash for probably 3 years and I've been waiting on somewhere just fabulous to use it, and this seemed perfect.  Plus I could use my Pink By Design stamps.  The stamp had a sun on it, so I masked that off in order to just have the sentiment.  Masking off part of your stamp design is a perfect way to use your stamps in different ways.  AND I used my Tim Holtz distress inks (summer collection) to ink the white card base border and the white border under the sun to make the "mat" for the card and the sun.  Love the versatility that the Tim Holtz inks provide.

Thanks for looking, stay cool in the heat (if you are hot like we are in KS).  Have a great evening!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Printed Cardstock - GCD Studios "Canta" stack
Blue Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
White Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink "White"
Sun Diecut - Cricut "Accent Essentials"
Black Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Black Ink for edges - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Black Ink for sentiment - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Yellow Ink (sun & card base) - Tim Holtz "Squeezed Lemonade"
Sentiment - Pink By Design "Rain or Shine"
Doodles - Zig Pen Writer

Comments

  1. Laura, I love your card. The paper choices are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us @ FCCB!
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty...and the color combo is beautiful. Awesome job! Thanks so much for joining us over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge...good luck. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combo! I love the touches of doodling. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Janea
    www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love all the detail work. Your newest follower here.

    Nana
    My Crafting Channel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts