PbD Anniversary Challenge #5 - Ombre


Courage...

Challenge #5... yay!  This challenge was to use ombre (a gradient from one color to the next in the same color family) in your design.  I love ombre, but don't use it much in my creative crafting.  After this challenge, I may have to use it more often!  How fun!!! 
http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/07/28/challenge-5-ombre/

I love damask (it's in my craft room... ) and also love Tim Holtz Distress inks, this was a perfect place to marry the two together.... I simply used three different colors of Tim Holtz inks and layered them on my Damask stamp ...and voila!  I love how the blue colors evoke the colors of the ocean... which goes perfect with the sentiment from Pink by Design.

Thanks for looking... lunch break and then on to challenge #6.... what a day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Navy Cardstock base - Bazzill Basics
Turquoise Cardstock - My Scrapbox
White Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink "White"
Black Ink - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - for Ombre
     -Shaded Lilac
     -Broken China
     -Faded Jeans
Flowers - Prima
Button - Aution Find
Navy Grosgrain Ribbon - Celebrate It (Michael's)
Sentiment - Pink by Design SoM "Belive in Yourself"
Background Stamp - Pink by Design SoM "Damask"

Comments

Popular Posts