PbD 08 - Merry Christmas... In July!!!



Sweet Dreams...

Hey bloggie friends!  Happy Monday.... It's time for Ink it Pink again.  I have to tell you I love these challenges.  I (heart) my Pink by Design stamps (if you hadn't noticed) and was excited to see a Christmas in July challenge this week.  It has been so hot in Kansas this summer, the thought of snow was a welcome respite.  I'm not rushing for Christmas to be here and for the year to be over, but I do love the thought of chilly sweater-weather, tall boots, hot cocoa... oh yes, I feel cooler already.  Wait, that's just the A/C kicking on...

I participated in the 13 hour marathon crafting event from Pink by Design last Saturday and needed a bit of a break from crafting.  I took Sunday off, as it was a busy day with Church.  We had a Night of Worship (a two-hour night of just music) at our church Sunday evening, it was awe-some by the way, but was a full day for sure.  I had the day off from work today (woohoo!) so was doing laundry, cleaning and running errands (since I didn't get any of that done with crafting for 13 hours on Saturday... tee hee hee).  But still found time to get this project done.

When you craft for 13 hours straight, it's hard to shut your brain down and the creativity just seems to keep going and going.  I had this idea for a scrapbook page during the anniversary celebration so was nice to create it today.  I haven't created a scrapbook page for my blog in a LONG LONG time, so it was a nice change.  I think this page, with it's "sweet" theme would be perfect for a photo session of a Christmas candy making session or a cookie baking session... anything like that.  Don't you?
I chose a cardstock for the base that sort of looks like a snow swirling about in the wind, tore some white cardstock to make a snow-covered ground.  Then cut this adorable gingerbread house out on my Cricut (a sweet shoppe should be made out of gingerbread, right... of course!), embellished it with some paper "candy" and some "icing" of liquid pearls.  And, duh, you have to have a peppermint path to get to the sweet shoppe.... ;-)

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Cardstock for page base - K&Co "Secret Santa" stack
White Cardstock for snow - Bazzill Basics
Brown Cardstock for gingerbread house - My Scrapbox
Green Cardstock for photo mats - My Scrapbox
Pink Candy Cardstock for photo mats - K&Co "Secret Santa" stack
Candy's for embellishment - K&Co "Secret Santa" stack
Silver Eyelets - My Stash
Red & White Twine - The Twinery "Maraschino"
Liquid Pearls - Ranger "White Opal"
Red Pen for candy stripes - Zig Writer "Spice"
Black Ink Pad - PaperTrey Ink "Pure Black"
Diecut Gingerbread House - Cricut "Gingerbread" cartridge
Diecut for Sign - Pink by Design SoM Nov 2011 "Goodie Labels"
Sentiment - Pink by Design SoM Nov 2011 "Goodie Labels"

Comments

  1. Hi Laura! What a cute layout. I love how you used the stamp to make a sign. Very creative. Thanks for linking up with us for the Ink it Pink Challenge.
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts