Stamp It! Cards Week: The Congratulations Challenge



Enjoy the Journey

Hi Friends!  I've been off work since the Fourth of July holiday and my long 5-day weekend is coming to a close.  (sigh), back to work tomorrow.  But before going back to work I wanted to get into my craft room and have a little fun while my husband is at rehersal for "The Sound of Music".  Moxie Fab World has several challenges up right now (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/06/stamp-it-cards-week-congratulations.html) inspired by the recent issue of the magazine and I thought, sounds like fun!

Recently, I commented to a fellow blogger that masculine cards are not the easiest thing for me.  I took this challenge to do a Congratulations themed card (with stamping as the primary technique) as an opportunity to do a man-friendly (is that a word?) card.  I have been working on some inking and distressing techniques (thank you Tim Holtz) and thought this was a good place to incorporate those. 

The marbelized looking background is done with Distress inks.  I stamped them on my mat, and then sprayed with water; then inked the plain white paper with the different colored inks, combining four colors of ink to make this look.  I also used a distress ink to ink the words lightly on the ivory cardstock.  Using distress inks I also inked the edges for the ivory cardstock .  And of course, inked the truck and the sentiment.  My fingers are quite inky... imagine that?! 

I think this would be a great card to give a guy for a new job or retirement... any type of life event.  Even a graduation, say maybe he's getting his Master's or something...  but until I have that type of event, it goes in the box of cards "to-be" given... :-).

Thanks for looking, I hope you have great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft cardstock for card base - PaperTrey Ink
White cardstock (used for marbelizing) - PaperTrey Ink
Ivory Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Distress Inks for marbelized background:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks in:
     Antique Linen
     Wild Honey
     Tea Dye
Chalk Ink for marbelizing background:
Distress Ink for edges - "Frayed Burlap" by Tim Holtz
VersaMagic Chalk Ink - "Night Sky"
Brown Ink for Truck and Sentiment - Memento "Rich Cocoa"
Twill Ribbon - "Enchanted Evening" PaperTrey Ink
Truck Stamp - "The Journey" by Tim Holtz
Words for background - "Urban Grunge" by Tim Holtz
Brass Button - Auction goody box
Twine - PaperTrey Ink
Pop Dots

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the Congratulations Card Challenge in Stamp It! Cards Week for the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts