Show Us Some Sparkle! - PbD05



Momma Said....

Hi friends!  I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day holiday.  It's still hot in Kansas, so I've baricaded myself in my craft room on this hot Saturday afternoon for some card making.  Four of my eight nieces and nephews and also my brother-in-law have birthdays in the month of July and we are having a family lunch after church tomorrow to celebrate birthdays.  We'll have a special birthday for one of my nieces later this month because she will be turning ONE!  Can't believe it...  but five birthdays in one month, yikes makes Aunt Yaya's wallet hurt... ;-) (but I wouldn't have it any other way).... ha! 

After I finished up making several of the cards for tomorrow I set out making something for the challenge over at Pink By Design for this week (http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/07/04/show-us-some-sparkle-pbd05/).  How can you not love this challenge... use some bling?  Yes, please!  I love bling and it comes in so many types... glitter, rhinestones, metallic, sprakle.... oh the ways are endless.  The inspiration card is awesome this week (you should check it out).  I love the complex-simplicity of it, if that makes any sense.  Sometimes simple cards are the most difficult to execute and this week's inspiration is perfect!  For this challenge I knew that I wanted to try out a couple of stamps that I have recently purchased from Pink by Design so this was the perfect opportunity.  One of those is the "Days Like This" set... I love the retro look and feel of this.  It also gave me a chance to use some techniques I haven't done lately, so that's always a good thing too!  I love to emboss but it seems like I don't do it often, so it was fun to do that on this card.  The bottom layer is also embossed (black on black, so I hope you can see that in the detail photo) just to add texture and more shine to the card.

I do have to say, again, THANK YOU Pink By Design for choosing my card as the winner for last week.  What an honor.  I really love their stamps and if you haven't considered the stamp of the month club, you should... it's really great (and a bargain).  I love getting something in the mail that just "appears"... it's so fun.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Fuchsia Cardstock - DCWV "Jewel" Cardstock stack
Black Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
White Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Black Ink - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Embossing Ink Pad - Top Boss Tinted Ink Pad
Black Embossing Powder - Stampin' Up "Black"
Silver Embossing Powder - Ranger "Silver"
Black Chiffon Ribbon - Walmart
Pink Rhinestones - The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Damask Stamp - "Damask Background", Pink By Design
Sentimetn Stamp - "Days Like This", Pink By Design

Comments

  1. WOW Laurie!! That's a little weird! Did you see my DT design for thise challenge ;) LOL TOO FUNNY!! Great Job Girl!! So glad that you came back to play along with us at www.pinkbydesignstamps.com!!

    xoxoxox

    Jess @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is awesome!! Love the embossing!! I have this set and I haven't even used it yet! I think after seeing your card I'll play with them tonight!! Thanks for playing with us at Pink By Design!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win! It was an awesome card. Just like this one. I love that you used the Damask Background stamp. Thanks for playing along in the Ink it Pink challenge. :)
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I'm singing that song...."Momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this....Momma said"

    You are SO creative....if only I had half of your creativitiy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts