Tuesday Trigger: Allegro con Brio



Rainbows & Sunshine...

Moxie Fab World (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/) always has great inspiration on their Tuesday Trigger design Challenge.  This week the photo inspiration is really ecclectic.  I love the title this week too "Allegro con Brio".  Allegro con Brio is a musical term (for those of you who might not be up on your musical terms... wink wink) that means "with liveliness or spirit".  That is exactly what this image inspired in me, a brightness and energy that I wanted to capture in my card. 

Here in Kansas we are are hot hot hot this summer (we are supposed to hit 107 this coming week, yikes!) and we are experiencing a drought.  I'm hoping that this little card will be my version of a "rain dance" and maybe by wishing for rainbows we can get some rain to go along with our sunshine.  :-)

I love the bright colors in the inspiration photo and also love the texture.  I wanted to do a simple but bright card for the challenge.  The card above is what I came up with.

Here's a useful tip for you... those paper stacks that we all have, quite often have striped multi print pages.  That's where I pulled these prints from.  They were all on one page, I simply cut them apart and inked the edges to make my stripes.... tada!

Thanks for looking and have a sunny (hopefully not so hot) day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
White cardstock - PaperTrey Ink "Rustic White"
Cardstock for Stripes - DCWV "Cotton Bloom" stack
Yellow Rick Rack - Hobby Lobby
Green Ink for edges of stripes - Memento "Bamboo Leaves"
Ink for Sentiment - PaperTrey Ink "True Black"
Sentiment - Pink By Design "Rain or Shine"

Comments

  1. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts