PbD07... Tag, You're It!


The Perfect Blend...

Hey friends!  It's so good to be home.  I just returned, Friday night from a week long business trip to China.  It's nice to travel, but I am always so thankful to be back home in the good 'ole USA. 

Once I got home, I had to check out the Pink By Design "Ink it Pink" challenge for the week.  This week the challenge was to incorporate tags into your design.  Yay!  I love tags... so this was a fun one.  Wait, who am I kidding, I love just about everything associated with paper crafts!  :-)

Lately, I have been obsessed with chevrons.  At work, at home, in crafts... everywhere.  If you were part of the Pink By Design UStream on Friday night for the July release (how fun was that friends?!!) you know that I'm not the only one obsessed with chevrons... :-) 

Anyway, I found this great new little paper pad from My Mind's Eye at my local scrapbook store (woohoo, Scrapbooks, etc!) called "Indie Chic" and it had this fabulous chevron print in it.  I love the colors and it immediately made me think coffee, yummo (one of the other things I love...).  It was a great way to bring the two things together.

The tag (heart) is one I created using Tim Holtz distress inks, water and my Ranger craft mat.  Tim Holtz inks are so fun to play with and use to create unique watercolor, antique looking papers.  One of a kind... never to be duplicated, but often imitated (I guess sort of like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.. haha!).  I incorporated some embossing too for some texture and of course some ribbon.

This would be a great card for a friend with a nice gift card to Starbucks included... (of course!).  Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Blue Linen Cardstock - My Mind's Eye "Indie Chic" 6x6 pad
Chevron Cardstock - My Mind's Eye "Indie Chic" 6x6 pad
Tag Base color - PaperTrey Ink "Rustic Cream"
Tag Diecut - Cricut "Going Places" Cartridge
Ink on Tag - Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Colors on Tag:
     -Broken China
     -Faded Jeans
     -Walnut Stain
Brass Rivet - Imaginisce heat set for I-Rock
Twill Ribbon - PaperTrey Ink "Dark Chocolate"
Emboss Stamp Pad - Top Boss
Embossing Powder - Ranger "Gold"
Coffee Bean Stamp - Clear Art Stamps "Coffee & Tea"
Sentiment - Pink By Design "Perk Up"
Ink for edges and Sentiment - Tim Holtz Distress "Walnut Stain"
Ink for doodles - Zig Writer "Chocolate"

Comments

  1. I love everything about your card! You tag id amazing and how cool are those embossed coffee beans:) thank you for playing along with us in the Ink it Pink challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely. I love the color combo on it and gold dots on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts