Ink It Pink - PbD04 - Keep It Cool!


Keep It Cool!

Hey friends!  Are you keeping cool?  Here in Kansas it has been HOT HOT HOT!  We were over 100 degrees actual temp all week last week.  They say we are in for a cool front this week and will only be in the ... wait for it... 90's!!!  WOOHOO!

I have to tell you that I am so excited for this project.  I have, for over a year now, subscribed to the Stamp of the Month club from Pink By Design.  I love their stamps and I love having them show up automatically in my mailbox.  It's always an exciting day!!!  Imagine how happy and excited I was when my friends at Pink By Design decided to have a blog and a blog challenge (http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/06/27/ink-it-pink-pbd04-keep-it-cool/).  Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

This weeks challenge (#4) was to create a project that illustrates how you like to cool off in the summer.  Given our super-duper hot temps last week, all I wanted all week long was a nice cool drink.  My go-to drink on a hot summer day, is good old Coca-Cola.  I wanted soda to be incorporated into my card.  And of course I wanted to use my Pink By Design stamps.  I have this adorable one from one of my early purchased sets that says "soda-licious".... well, the Cokes I drank last week, on those hot days really were "soda-licious".  It was fun to layer up the items and make this little collage card. 

Thanks for looking, have a great day and stay cool out there!

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Kraft Cardstock - PaperTrey Ink
Stripe Cardstock - My Mind's Eye "Breaking Free" collection
Soda Bottle Diecut - Cricut "Block Party" Cartridge
Cardstock for Diecut - My Scrapbox
Route Diecut - My Mind's Eye "Breaking Free" collection
Lazy Days Diecut - My Mind's Eye "Breaking Free" collection
Arrow Rubon - My Mind's Eye "Breaking Free" collection
Soda-licious Stamp = "Jump & Jive" set from Pink By Design
Brown Ink for Distressing = VersaMagic "Jumbo Java" Chalk Ink
Pop Dots

Comments

  1. love that soda!!!! thanks for playing with us at Pink By Design!!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! I love your card! Where are you in Kansas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pink Cricut... we are in the NE Corner... Capital city of Topeka... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card Laura! I love how you used the stamp. Thanks for playing along with the Ink it Pink Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh haha! This one really caught my eye. What a great layout and soda-lious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts