PbD Anniversary Challenge #7 - Tag You're It!


Be Brave!

Challenge #7 (http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/07/28/200pm-tag-youre-it-challenge/) is to use a tag (or create a tag) in your design.  I chose to create a tag.  I've been experimenting with vintage type looks lately and have fallen completely in love with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. 

I made the base tag using Tim Holtz Distress inks and water on my ranger mat, to give the worn, aged look.  Then layered other miscellaneous items on top.  I had letters leftover from a page I did for a travel book from our trip to Germany so spelled out "brave" with those, to coordinate with the sentiment from Pink by Design.  The Key was in a bunch of stuff I got at an auction (love that) and the cork circle is one I cut from a wine cork I had left over from a housewarming gift I made for some friends.

If you want to slice your wine corks... go for it... use a sharp knife but use caution and not cut yourself.  The one on my project above is about 1/8" thick (pretty thin)...just be careful! 

Thanks for looking!  See you soon with #8.

Hugs,
Wheeze

The Scrap-cipe:
Cardstock for base tag - PaperTrey Ink "Rustic Cream"
     -note, I aged this with Tim Holtz Distress Ink
     -Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Walnut Stain"
Cardstock for layered tag - PaperTrey Ink "Kraft"
Bracket Tag (I cut this up) - 7 Gypsies
Musical Instrument tag in background - 7 Gypsies
     -note, I aged this with Tim Holtz Distress Ink
     -Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Frayed Burlap"
Burlap Ribbon - Celebrate It (Michael's)
Cork slice - an old wine cork, cut
Twill letters - my stash
Key - Auction find
Large Antique Brass Eyelet - my stash
Fibers - my stash
Black Ink - Paper Trey Ink "True Black"
Sentiment - Pink by Design SoM January 2012 "Small Things"

Comments

  1. LOVE it!!!! You need to frame it and hang it somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts